I work with all kinds of relationship structures, including partners who are same-sex, BDSM, bi-sexual, and multiple relationship/marriage structures such as polyamory, open relationships, and swinger relationships.
Often, partners begin therapy when dealing with a conflict in their relationship. These conflicts can result in challenges with power dynamics, sex life, communication skills, parenting tactics, financial strife, etc.
In relationship therapy, I help clients to:
- Listen actively to one another and communicate effectively
- Recognize triggers and manage confrontation
- Acknowledge unhealthy behaviors and patterns in order to create healthy behaviors and patterns
- Start a dialogue about sex and the skills to maintain that dialogue after they’ve left the office
- Safely discuss past betrayals and process related perspectives of all parties involved
For multiple relationship structures, we can:
- Discuss relationships experiencing a change in structure
- Discuss and establish boundaries/rules
- Encourage all partners to process and discuss changes to relationship dynamics
For couples considering a multi-relationship structure, I help you:
- Discuss reasons for the change
- Get information about other relationship styles